We all know that we only have two seasons; a short warm season and a long cold season filled with rain and snow. That is why it is essential to waterproof your basement. There is variety of waterproofing solutions for your basement and we are familiar with all of them.
In order to prevent dampness and mold you should call a professional as early as possible. We will come in, inspect your basement, offer you a consultation and an estimate.
Consider reading the list of common waterproofing mistakes that we compiled:
- Keeping away from the Basement: People, who do not go into their basements for weeks or even months, end up finding their basements filled with water and mildew. If you don’t take care of these things, apart from the mess; it will be a larger expense to repair later. Furthermore, it can cause allergies and other health problems to you and your family.
- Not getting help from professionals: Many homeowners consider it frustrating to install a sump pump or any other equipment in the basement because of the jack hammering on the existing floor, the muddy sump pump pit and a lot of water all over the place. This situation can be very stressful without a doubt, so hire a professional.
- “You know what! I’m moving soon anyway…”: I have seen many people saying that they are moving soon, so why get into a waterproofing hassle. You must know that if the basement of your house is damp or has water issues, then no one is going to purchase your home. Buyers know it very well that they will have to spend extra cash to handle this problem, which is surely not a good deal for them. Hence, it can negatively affect the price of your home.
- Not getting it in writing, while hiring a contractor for waterproofing walls: Before hiring a contractor for waterproofing, you need to know what services that contractor is providing, the price you will pay them and when they will complete the task. Getting everything in writing about the price and services is a must.
- Not doing your research: One mistake when hiring a waterproofing pro is that people don’t compare different services before coming to a decision. It is always wise to understand the differences and the options, as some offer lower prices, but it is not always the right service.
If you want your waterproofing job done, whether it’s basement water proofing or waterproofing walls, you must avoid the above mentioned mistakes, which are so common that anyone can make them without even noticing.